Bhubaneswar: The Higher Education Department has issued guidelines and timeline for admission into Phase – III U.G. Courses under SAMS for the Academic Session 2023-24.
The Department has written a letter to the P.G. Council Chairman ( All State Public Universities coming under Higher Education Department ), Principals of All Government and Non – Government Colleges in this regard.
The U.G. Phase – III admission under SAMS for the remaining seats will be held as per the guidelines mentioned below:
1. The following categories of applicants are eligible to apply in Phase – III Admission Process :
a) Applicants , who have not applied during the Phase – I and Phase – Il admission process due to various reasons .
b) Applicants, who were previously selected & not taken admission in Phase – I and Phase – Il admission process.
2. Applicants who have already been admitted in Phase – I & Phase – Il admission process are eligible to apply in the Phase – III admission process . If an applicant has taken admission in any of the HEls in Phase – I & Phase – II admission process and got selected in Phase – III , then s / he has to obtain the CLC physically from the last admitted HEIs . S / he has to submit the downloaded Intimation letter along with the CLC and other relevant documents at the selected institutions for verification and admission.
3. Applicants who have paid their CAF Fees in the Phase – I & Phase – II admission need not have to pay the CAF Fees again for the Phase – III admission process. These applicants will have to login in the SAMS Portal with their registered existing user name and password used during the Phase – l / Phase – Il admission process and fill up a fresh Common Application Form (CAF) with the relevant information and get the CAF Fees exemption.
4. The applicants participating in the Phase – III admission process have to pay the admission fees freshly in the selected HEIs. If s/he had paid the admission fees earlier in Phase – l & Phase – II admission process and did not take admission for any reason that will be refunded within the due course.
5. Applicants who have not applied in the Phase – l & Phase – II admission process will have to create their individual username and password in SAMS portal and fill up the CAF with the relevant information.These fresh applicants will have to pay the CAF Fees .
6. There will be no SAMS Resource Center ( SRC ) validation for this Phase – III admission process prior to admission . The applicants are advised not to visit any SRCs for validation of their CAF until admission .
7. The selection of the applicants will be done purely on the merit basis . However , applicants with Physically Disability ( PwD ) will be given first priority irrespective of the marks in all categories as per the reservation percentage . There will be no reservation and weightage for this Phase – III admission process.
8. There will be no Freeze/Slide/Float option available for the Phase – III admission process. After the 1st round selection, the selected applicants can download the Intimation Letter from their login and have to pay the admission fees ( total admission fees ) in online mode preferably ( Net Banking / Bank Challan / NEFT / UPI etc. ) directly at their selected Institutions .
9. In addition to the merit list , a waiting list (20 times to the vacancy as on 01.11.2023 ) shall be provided in the HEI’s e – Space as well as in the SAMS Degree website . In case the selected applicants do not turn up for admission within the stipulated timeline , Universities / Colleges can publish the selection list out of the reported waitlisted applicants on merit basis and complete their admission process as per the scheduled timeline . The HEIs are hereby instructed to inform the selected applicants ( among the reported waitlisted applicants ) via phone Call / SMS .
10. After the publication of the 1st round selection, the upper choice Institutions of an applicant along with not selected applicants will be considered for the waiting list round in 1:20 ratio . All these applicants are required to participate by following the Waiting List Admission Process .
11. As in the earlier Phases , an “Error Correction” button shall be provided against each selected applicants in the HEI’s e – space . The error correction must be authenticated by the Admission – in – Charge during admission
12. The waitlisted applicants will report at the selected HEIs with the required documents as per the timeline . After the timeline , such applicants will not be considered for selection of merit list .
13. The HEls will verify the documents and publish the merit list at their Notice Board / website and update the admission in their SAMS e – Space .
14. The HEIs are hereby informed not to collect any type of fees from the applicants during issuance of CLC , handing over the Cancelled CLC of + 2 / equivalent and other required documents . Moreover , HEls are also informed to accept the Migration certificate of the last attended institution ( not the institution where the applicant was admitted in Phase – I & Phase – II ) for taking admission in Phase – III admission process .
15. Applicants selected from the waiting list will have to deposit the total admission fees directly at the selected HEIS . HEIs are required to collect the admission fees through online mode preferably Net Banking / Bank Challan / NEFT / UPI etc. Furthermore , HEI are informed to collect the admission fees from the applicants selected in the Waiting List process as shown in SAMS e – Space .
16. The HEls will be held responsible for any kind of mistakes , if found in violation of admission process will be viewed seriously . Show cause notice will be issued for any deviation in the admission process and proper action will be taken as deemed fit .
17.The timeline for Phase – III admission process is given below: