Pujari Presents Development Oriented Budget for FY 20: Here’s Key Highlights
Bhubaneswar: Finance Minister Niranjan Pujari today presented the Budget in the Odisha Assembly for the year 2019-20.
He presented a budget of One Lakh 39 Thousand Crore in the House.
The development oriented budget aims to boost the farm sector and infrastructure.
While the KALIA scheme has been the focal point in the Budget, creation of irrigation potential occupies prominent place in the budget.
Highlights of the Budget:
- Odisha’s economy is expected to grow at the rate of 8.35 percent in 2018-19 surpassing national growth rate of 7.2%
- Administrative expenditure – Rs 57,310 Crore
- Program expenditure – Rs 74,600 Crore,
- Disaster Response Fund – Rs 4,600 Crore and transfer to local bodies – Rs 6,490 Crore.
- Budgetary allocation for Health & Family Welfare Department has been hiked by ten percent to Rs 6,828 Crore
- Education and Skill Development get Rs 19,492 Crore
- Fani Restoration and creation of disaster resilient physical assets would be priority.
- Rs 146 Crore allocated under Nabakrushna Chaudhury Secha Unayana Yojana.
- Pujari announces interest-free crop loans upto Rs 1 lakh.
- Rs 800 Crore earmarked for the purpose.
- Agriculture Budget size for 2019-20 increased to Rs 20,714 Crore
- Rs 540 Crore allocated for completion of 20,000 deep borewells in the state.
- Target of 1000 community lift irrigation points at a cost of Rs 400 Crore.
- Allocation of Rs 20,714 Crore for agriculture and allied sectors.
- Rs 5611 Crore for the KALIA scheme implementation
- Rs 100 Crore earmarked for Gangadhar Meher Lift Canal system
- Rs 1777 Crore under Parvati Giri Mega Lift Irrigation Scheme
- State Government allocates Rs 301 Crore under Mukhyamantri Mahila Sashaktikaran Yojana towards financial assistance to women SHGs and their federations under Mission Shakti.
- Corpus fund of Rs 500 Crore to facilitate timely payment of wages under MGNREGA.
- Allocation of Rs 100 Crore made for JAGA Mission for 2019-20.
- Rs 130 Crore allocated for construction of Mission Shakti Gruha at Panchayat level
- Plans to cover additional 5 lakh households of Fani-affected areas with pucca houses.
- Rs 4820 Crore allocated under housing scheme.
( More details soon )