Puri: The Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) will auction live telecast rights of world famous Rath Yatra this year.
The SJTA has invited expression of interest from reputed TV channels for the telecast rights which includes Snana Jatra, Ratha Jatra, Bahuda Jatra, Suna Besha, Adharapana and Niladri Bije.
The application of the interested channels with bid amount should reach the SJTA Administrator on or before June 10 by 4:30 pm, a statement said.
It shall be opened on same day at 4.45 pm in the presence of the applicant or their representative, the SJTA informed.
The selected bidder shall deposit the full amount immediately on receiving the intimation from the STJA.
The temple administration has also laid down several terms and conditions for the live telecast.
- Reputed TV channels having at least five years experience of producing/broadcasting/ telecasting news/features etc. can apply with their credential.
- The approved bidder shall take the separate permissions for placement of cameras, DSNG van or any other appliances from District Administration/Police Administration and place machineries at their own cost.
- While taking photographs/shooting, care should be taken so that any photo or video do not confuse or mislead the viewers.
- Care should be taken not to make any hindrances while shooting photographs of Shree Jews.
- Authorised channel should neither exhibit the live video display of Car Festival proceeding in public places of Puri Town nor exhibit any advertisement repugnant to the religious sentiment of the people.
- Authorised channel shall scroll the message given by the SJTA during live telecast and provide the video pictures in DVD format to the temple administration, if necessary.
- Live telecast rights holder is bound to share the feed with national broadcaster DOORDARSHAN free of charges.
- The Telecast rights holder shall strictly follow the laws/rules/regulations of Government of India as well as Government of Odisha for live telecast.
- In case of a dispute, the decision of the SJTA’s Chief Administrator shall be final and binding.