London: India hammered Bangladesh by 28 runs at Birmingham on Tuesday to enter the semi-finals of the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
Chasing the victory target of 315, Bangladesh were bowled out for 286 and were eventually out of the competition.
Bangladesh required to win their final two games to have any chance of progressing to a first semi-final. But despite another half century from Shakib al Hasan and unbeaten 51 from Mohammad Saifuddin they fell short.
Powered by Rohit Sharma’s fourth century in ongoing Cricket World Cup, India posted 314 for nine against Bangladesh in their group match.
With this win, India have now reached the semi-finals in 3 successive World Cups. They won the tournament in 2011, lost to Australia in the semi-finals in 2015 and now have the chance to win their 3rd World Cup.
• Sharma (104) and Rahul (77) fall in quick succession after 180-run stand
• Mustafizur five-for helps prevent India reaching massive total
• Bangladesh restrict India to 314/9
• Shakib makes 66 and Saifuddin 50*, but India win by 28 runs
• Bumrah takes 4/55, Pandya 3/60