Lucknow: Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Saturday, met the families of the Sonbhadra shootout victims following a night of detention and high drama in Uttar Pradesh.
She has also decided to return home to Delhi, but with a promise that she will return. “I’ll be back,” she said outside the guest house in Mirzapur district where he had been taken by the police on Friday.
Speaking to media Priyanka said, “My objective has been served as I have met them (victims of Sonbhadra firing). I am still under detention, let’s see what the administration.”
Priyanka Gandhi had this morning tried to move out of the guest house, saying she would not leave without meeting the victims, but was not allowed to by the police. However, when the family members of the shootout victims arrived, the police decided to let them enter the guest house.
Taking a dig at the state government, Ms Gandhi said, “The responsibility for the Sonbhadra massacre is with the Yogi government and not with Nehru.” She also said the Congress will compensate the families affected by the shootout with Rs. 10 lakh each.